Hibiscus is a herbal tea, made from the dried flowers of the Hibiscus sabdariffa plant, native to Africa, and known by many names; hibiscus flower, red guinea sorrel, rosella, carcade, etc. Countless benefits are attributed to it, rich in antioxidants and naturally caffeine free. The herbal teas are a different variety of plants, herbs, dried fruits and spices, but they do not come from the tea plant; Camellia Sinensis. It has a vibrant reddish color in the cup, with a sweet and sour flavor and aroma. It is perfect to serve hot or cold.
0 (Caffeine Free)
Leaf to Water Ratio: 1 tsp per 6 oz
Water Temperature: 205° F
Steep Time: 5 minutes
Common hibiscus properties:
- Help lose weight and eliminate toxins or chemical residues from the body.
- Lowers harmful cholesterol and regulates triglycerides.
- Contains citric and tantaric acid, vitamins and mineral salts.
- Decongests intestines, cleans them of parasites and microbes.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Reduces hypertension.